bishnu jaisyHow management informatin system works in the trading companys.......plz help me by providing full information
From India , Bangalore
udayakumarshi..bishnu...i have a ppt that can provide you with some informations regarding usages of MIS in business enterprises..check it
From India , Coimbatore
debora-sumopayrollManagement Information System, commonly referred to as MIS is a phrase consisting of three words: management, information and systems. Looking at these three words, it’s easy to define Management Information Systems as systems that provide information to management.
That is the simple definition of MIS that generally sums up what a Management Information System is, and what it should do. However, its role and impact on the smooth operation of a company can never be overemphasized. That is the reason why every successful company makes use of these systems in one way or another.
The reason why Management Information Systems are very important in the day to day operation of companies is because these systems work with people, organizations, technology and relationships among the people and organizations affecting the company.
This means that when properly implemented, Management Information Systems will help achieve a high level of efficiency in a company’s management operations.
The main role of Management Information Systems is to report on business operations with the purpose of supporting decision making. This is to ensure that the organization is managed in a better and more efficient way so that it can be able to achieve full potential thus gain competitive advantage.
Let’s look at some of the other roles played by Management Information Systems in an organization.
• To provide information readily to company decision makers.
• Management Information Systems also help in data collection.
• To promote collaboration in the workplace.
• To run possible scenarios in different business environments.
• Management Information systems give accurate projections of the company’s standing in the short and long term.
• Management Information Systems help track the implementation of particular decisions in a company.
• To improve on the company’s reporting.