thanks for your reply.... i need more clarification about this...
actually am selling insurance policy... i feel difficlut to make the customer to understand the features and intangible bebefits.... how should i make them to understand and how shoule i understand the behaviour of the consumer
From India , Madras
GOOD MORNING !
i think ur going thru a very tough period and breaking ur head to persuade people to take ur insurance policy....
dont worry..... take few moral boosting steps that iam writing to u here under....
1. visit as many people as possible, explain ur product and ur company policy, Terms and conditions of the company policy.
2. Never commit ur clients anything to which u cannot keep-up.
3. YOU SHOULD BE VERY PATIENT ALL THE TIME - this is very important.
( example : if u go to a sariee or cloth shop u will see that those shop sales men are so busy winding and un-winding the clothes only for whole day. then when do they sell..? )
4. Compare ur product's plus points with that of ur compitetor.
5. Make friends in the same category. Especially insurance agents. Talk to experienced people related to ur subject ( dont pose them ur weaknesses)
Talks play a very important role.
6. Always stay POSITIVE . always. never mind wat happens. remember no body tells but every body fails.
7. Believe in yourself. YES U CAN DO IT. ( never mind u may not be doing it ) but u hav to make this ur daily mantra.
8. u cant change things....let things change .
ok. try this for a month or so...........then when u find success, please write to me. i'll be glad to read ur success story.
ok visu ? bye. Take care .
All the best !
From India , Hyderabad
If I understand your clearly, you current area of concern is to understand what exactly the customer wants and how can you position yourself. It thats what your problem is. Try something like this:
1) Listen to your customers: Wait till he completes, never interupt him. If you have something to share and afraid of forgeting then write it down. (Always carry a notepad)
2) Probing: Ask questions before you propose. What is he looking for (Return / life cover / Tax benefit), How much can he invest?, what is time frame is he looking?, His risk appetite?
3) Introduce your offerings: Introduce your plans in general i.e. we offer a variety of plans and have recently helped many people to save tax, grow their money and covered lot of people in the last 3 months.
4) Analyse current need: Try to find what is he doing? How can you add value to his saving and investment, position accordingly.
5) Improve your knowledge: Lets realize this we just know 20% of what we are expected and have 80% always left in me to go extra mile. So improve your knowlege w.r.t market, customer, product, your company.
This steps would help you to analyze what the customer wants, his response and you can position yourself better.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me
you are in to field where you are selling security to family on the death of the bread winnerand the greatest challenge is to tell the person this.
i can suggest to you a simple example.ask the person will he jump from an aeroplane if some body pays some money example 20 lakhs. definitley he will say no. then say good. then ak him if he has a vehicle iam sure most people have atleast a two wheeler.ask him wether he has insured it . he will say yes vehicle insurance is cumpolsary.ask him he is willing to shell out 900 rupees for a thirty thousand vehicle for which the premium does not come back and just before he had said he will not jump from a plane for 20 lAKHS WHICH WHICH MEANS HE VALUES HIS LIFE to be more than twenty lakhs.so why cant he take a policy for which the premium he pays will be retuned back to him with interest. also now you have this unit linked policies. try to be very emotional when you say this. try this it may help you.
From India , Bangalore
Tis like selling europe to travelers siting in hot and humid climate of Mumbai, travel agent makes you visulize Europe right in India
Selling is an art, art of communication. Insurence is all about selling emotions and during u got to enact lots of emotions
I feel the concept of Experiential Marketing would be very relevant for this.We need to identify all the customer touch points and design the customer experience.The old way of just selling the product benefits and features is obsolete now.Ofcourse you should be thorough with your product features and competition. But a sure fire way of selling high value is to create a truly memorable customer experience.
This is how you can go about it for selling your insurance products.First, what are the customer touch points? Identify them.
2.Send an e-mail/Brochure
3.Fix up an appointment for meeting
4.Make a presentation.
5.Get his interest
9.Get his commitment
Now these are fairly simple.But the concept of Experiential marketing comes in at each of these points in trying to make each of the touch points be a pleasurable and memorable event for the customer.
You need to attempt to make some initial research about the customer before you make the phone call.This can be about his company, family, tastes,his town, friends anything.This will help you create rapport with him initially.This will also make him receptive to listening to you.
The next is the e-mail/brochure. This needs to be designed and customized for the customer.Never send a common brochure.The third is the appointment. Try to meet him at a memorable and convenient place.Make a professional approach and appearance.Next is the presentation. Always make the presentation around a story. Story telling is fast catching up as a selling tool.The presentation is more powerful with a good story. The story could about your company, your boss, anything.
If you care to put in such effort the result will be definite instead of many trails and errors.The principles of goal setting and result orientation are very important in this approach.
There is also the approach of Tribal Marketing, which says that people like to connect with similar people. Get into Blogs, communities and start a discussion about insurance. Get amny other people to participate.This will be a powerful way to influence as well as to get new leads for business.
Hope the above is a little usefule to you
From India , Bangalore